I tried this salad from the pages of Real Simple’s March issue and it was pretty tasty with the Dijon-caper dressing. It was also super filling, which surprised me a little! I used ingredients I already had which meant bagged spinach and my dill wasn’t fresh but it was still a yummy lunch! Here’s the recipe and a few shots of my homemade version.
Roasted Broccoli and White Bean Salad with Dijon-caper Dressing from Real Simple
Total Time: 30 minutes | Serves 4
1 large head broccoli, trimmed and cut into spears
1/4 cup + 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
1/4 tsp salt
3 Tbs lemon juice
2 Tbs Dijon mustard
2 hard-boiled eggs
3 Tbs drained capers, chopped
2 Tbs chopped dill, plus more for garnish
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
8 cups curly spinach, stemmed
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Combine broccoli, 2 Tbs olive oil, and salt on the prepared sheet and toss to evenly coat. Roast until golden and tender, stirring half way through, about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine the lemon juice, mustard, eggs, and 1 Tbs water in a food processor and pulse to combine.
4. With the machine on, slowly drizzle in the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil until the dressing is smooth.
5. Stir in capers and dill. Scrape half of the dressing into a large bowl.
6. Add the warm broccoli, beans, and spinach and toss to coat.
7. Transfer to a serving platter and serve warm, sprinkled with more dill, with the remaining dressing on the side.
Photos ©Cameron Reynolds Photography, LLC.